Monday, May 5, 2008

TACA Spring



This weekend was the spring edition of TACA (Tennessee Association of Craft Artists) at Centennial Park.  Exhibitors from all over the country participate in this juried show, and the variety of artists and mediums is great.  In the past few years, we've noticed a lot of metal artists, and this year there were woodworkers of all kinds (one of which I'll show you tomorrow).  There's something for everyone, from folk ar (above)t to fine art.

The metal yard art shown in today's photos are the work of Major Hall of Bethpage, Tennessee.  I do love the moose (above), but I think my dogs might prefer the giraffe.  What do you think?


Tomorrow:  If you think you know rockers, you haven't seen the kind we saw at TACA.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

The moose is really neat.

Tanya Breese said...

What a fun festival! I like the moose as well!

Jim Klenke said...

Yep, its the Moose 3-0.

Janet said...

Very unusual art. I like both the moose and the giraffe.

Jilly said...

Oh Chris, what a great display. My best friend Candy tells me about the Fairs she visits around her way and they always have such talented artists and artisans. You obviously have them too. I'd take that moose home with me if I could get it on the airplane!

Hope the arm is improving.

Anonymous said...

I guess both pieces are true art.

Olivier said...

il est pas poli, il nous tire la langue ;o)).
it is not polite, stick out one’s tongue ;o)).

Halcyon said...

They are both cute. Looks like a fun festival!