Friday, May 30, 2008

SkyWatch Friday: Fountain Against the Sky

A few weeks ago, had lunch with friends who had been our neighbors when we lived in Atlanta in the 80s.  We hadn't seen them for 20 years.  We met in Chattanooga since it is about 90 minutes from each of our homes.

While we were walking along the river, I saw these fountains shooting water against the blue sky and couldn't resist putting them in for SkyWatch Friday.

There are over 100 other bloggers participating in SkyWatch Friday.  For links to others, click here.

P.S.  The wood in yesterday's photo was from the top of a picnic table in Centennial Park.

16 comments:

Scotty Graham said...

very cool...a nice entry for skywatch Friday...

Cheers,

Scotty

Anne said...

The picture makes me want to take a bath outside... But it is still cold wather here in Norway.

Nice weekend to you.

imac said...

Nice one great photo for SW.


Pop over to see my water features.

Anonymous said...

Olá Chris ... está muito bonita a tua foto de hoje.
Muita luz e frescura por causa da água.

Christine = Cristina, being that the name of one of my twins!

Anonymous said...

Nice shot, Chris. I really like this photo.

Jane Hards Photography said...

Brilliant. The spouting fountain agaisnt such a rcih blue sky, marvellous.

Jim Klenke said...

Neat shot of the water. Makes for a neat design.

Unknown said...

Very nice. Would love to be playing in it rifgt now! LOL

Halcyon said...

I *heart* fountains. This one sort of reminds me of the one in Geneva. Very nice!

Anonymous said...

Great Sky Watch shot!

CrazyCow said...

Lovely picture for a skywatch.

Tom said...

I do like this.. another great shot Chris.. great use of the fountain.

Daniel J Santos said...

fantastic, excellent done.

GMG said...

Hi Chris! Sorry for the speedy visit! I’ve been busy the whole last week and will be out in the next, so this is far less than your blog deserves… ;(( But I promise I’ll come back with more time after June 10th, at least…
Anyhow, the picture is gorgeous!
To avoid leaving you deserted, I published a last post on Marrakesh 2006 at Blogtrotter. Enjoy!

Steve Buser said...

Your skywatch photo makes a good splash.

I can't go into all the digital darkroom tricks I did yesterday on the blog, but I did post another today with a explanation of all the pixel dust tricks I used.

Unknown said...

Lovely picture!