Saturday, May 24, 2008

Construction City #6- Germantown Lofts

Last month I introduced you to Germantown, an old area just north of downtown Nashville, and showed you some of the old homes there.  (Click here to see one of the Germantown posts.)  The condos shown above are also in Germantown.  I'm sure you'll agree that the architecture is quite different from the older homes. 

I've noticed that the colors they painted these buildings seem to be popular all over.  I've seen homes, condos, and businesses painted orange, olive, brown, crimson, mustard, etc.  Depending on my mood, I can like these colors or dislike these colors.  I'm not sure that I like them in this setting, though.  

Do you like these deep colors on houses?

5 comments:

brian stout said...

The building looks neat, and I kind of like the colors. They've done a lot of construction similar to this around the downtown Dallas area too... it does look strange to see some modern buildings and colors mixed in with the historic ones...

Jim Klenke said...

I have seen the buildings in Dallas that Brian is talking about. I dont think the buildings look neat all and dont like the colors. LOL. In 10 years they will look 30 years old.

Janet said...

Very attractive, and I do like the deep colors.

Anonymous said...

I like the colors and adds character to that area of town.

kimble said...

I love the colors. How funny, I just came across your blog and this pic - I am the real estate agent listing one of these condos for sale.