Thursday, September 11, 2008

Fair Time In Tennessee


Today we volunteered our time to help take special needs students to the Tennessee State Fair.  We pushed two of the 150 students around the fair, enabling them to see animal and general exhibits.  The little gal whose chair I pushed was overjoyed to see the sheep and goats.  We think it's great that the State Fair admits these students free of charge as it gives them the opportunity to get out in the sunshine and enjoy the fair.

Considering the fact that schools are back in session, there were quite a few people/children at the fair today.  One of the food vendors told us that it was the busiest weekday that she's had since the fair opened last week.

Tune in tomorrow for a Tennessee specialty!

When was the last time you went to the fair?

3 comments:

Jim Klenke said...

We go to the Texas State Fair every year. It starts in a week or so. We usually wait until October to go.

Knoxville Girl said...

Woo hoo! fair time in TN! I'm hoping to get to the TN Valley Fair this weekend.

Tanya Breese said...

I love the fair. Unfortunately we missed the local fair here when we moved and I think the state fair is coming but I think it's quite a ways from where we live. I guess I'll have to wait till next year. The local fair here has free admittance which is pretty cool!

Very nice that they let your students in free.