Sunday, September 7, 2008

Cute Car!



The Bellevue Cruisers, a club for car enthusiasts, holds a "cruise-in" monthly (April-October) in a local mall parking lot.  There are usually over 150 cars on display, including antique and late model cars.  I'll show you a number of the cars (and trucks) on display over the next few days.

The "cute car" is a 1954 Hudson Metropolitan owned by Pat Ziegler.  Pat and her husband, Bob, bought the car about 2.5 years ago and have completely refurbished it.  Pat told me that her great car is one of the first 700 Metropolitans produced by Hudson Motors (Great Britain) in 1954.  Not long after their production, Hudson merged with Nash Motors, becoming Hudson-Nash, although the dealerships remained separate.  The Metropolitan came in coupe and convertible models.  A station wagon was planned, but never produced.  

Since I own a Mini Cooper, I think the Metropolitan is its great grandmother.  ;-)  

For more info on Hudson-Nash, click here.
Click here for more information on the Bellevue Cruisers.

What color car would you like to have if you could have any color?

10 comments:

Ken Mac said...

Vroom Vroom! Hey Chris, Summer Streets was a three weekends a month deal in NYC where they closed Park Avenue from Astor Place all the way up past Grand Central to like 59th! Heaven!

Wayne said...

They've got cute covered alright. We never called them Hudsons, it was always Nash Metropolitan up here. I didn't even know the history of Nash taking over Hudson.

CDP is highly educational.

Ken, I'll be in NYC on Sunday for a few days. I wish I could have been there for the closing of Park Ave. What a brilliant idea.

Thanks Chris

Kate said...

I wonder if this is the same car that we called the Hudson Hornet? This hot pink car is quite a number, isn't it! You have a new photo and bio. Very nice! A newly retired husband is quite a challenge I've discovered since the same event took place in this household last January. Perhaps he needs a new toy, like a hot pink convertible!

Anonymous said...

I think the Hudson Hornet was a full-size car as I remember. I don't remember this one. Probably because nobody around where I lived had one. But Clark "Fat" Davidson always drove Hudons and he got a Hornet as soon as they came out.

Nice photography, Chris.

Virginia said...

Well we had a gigantic gray Hudson when I was a wee girl. I loved that car! This hot pink baby is mighty fine though.

Denton said...

I like Pat's reference to her "great car".

Recently, in the news, BMW reported that the their two auto lines doing the best are Mini-Cooper and Rolls-Royce. Two extremes on gas mileage.

Chris said...

Thanks for noticing the new photo, Kate. Yes, it is challenging. . . .for moi. . . . I think *I* deserve a beautiful pink convertible!

Chris said...

Denton, as the owner of a Mini, I can tell you that the gas mileage is great!

Ming the Merciless said...

Pepto-Bismol Pink!! That's the color of the car. :-)

Halcyon said...

It *is* a cute car! At least it's not false advertising!