Saturday, February 23, 2008

Snow is a 4-Letter Word


It was supposed to warm up in the Nashville area today, but we awoke this morning to find a dusting of snow on the ground. Knowing that it wouldn't remain too long, we went out so I could shoot some photos. By lunchtime, all the snow was gone, although it's still pretty chilly.

Those of you in the north, midwest and/or east are probably laughing at what we call snow. Admittedly, our snow is nothing compared to what falls other places. Having grown up in the snow belt in NE Ohio, I had enough of the white stuff to last me forever. ;-)

By the way, you might recognize this farm as I posted a photo of it in August when we were suffering from the drought. You see what it looked like then by clicking here. Note the water levels in the pond, and there's something else a little odd. Do you notice what it is?

14 comments:

Janet said...

I can't believe those cows returned to pose in the same position!

Jim Klenke said...

LOL, rambling beat me to it. Great picture.

Troop 1309 said...

Love the photo, nice view!

Steve Cuddihy said...

Being from the north, I am familiar with a "dusting" of snow. I will refrain from laughing at your dusting of snow too....but to be honest, I am so ready for spring. You really have no idea....

great capture!

Twin Cities Daily Photo

Anonymous said...

Wow. This is splendid.

Mo said...

It looks like the animals are in the same spot as last time.

Livio Bonino said...

Nice shot!

Carlos Lorenzo said...

Wow I can't believe my eyes. They are exactly in the same position doing the same thing. I am sure this is no photoshop trick but gee this is almost spooky. I think those are horses, aren't they?

Lady Di Tn said...

They are sculptures. We look down on that barn from the hill.

Halcyon said...

Beautiful photo. It could be a jigsaw puzzle or a landscape card. Very quaint!

lv2scpbk said...

We have another storm coming our way tonight. I'm ready for spring. Snow is a four letter word but I maybe thinking of it alittle different. LOL>

Felicia said...

Chris, this is "picture perfect"! Yeah, I thought it was odd that the cows had snow on their backs!

Lynette said...

I think it's the three critters to the left of the barn--they're not real and they're covered with snow in this photo. I've not read any of the comments, so I'll be wondering if I guessed.

Annie said...

ooooh! I love everything about this photo. if I wasn't already pining for spring, ok, summer, I would want to be there right now!