Monday, February 25, 2008

Monday Morning Coffee


Monday morning is a great time for coffee. Well, actually, any morning is!

One month ago, Crema, an independent coffee house opened in the Rolling Mill Hill area, an up and coming district of Nashville. The owner (an barista), Rachel Lehman, named her shop for the foam that's produced when making a good espresso. I ordered a non-fat latte (above) and was delighted by both the foam art and the beverage.

By the way, I had no idea that coffee art existed as that isn't a specialty in Starbucks. Apparently, though, there are a lot of independent coffee houses that take pride in the designs they make with frothed milk. If you're interested in seeing more, click here .

Tomorrow, I'll show you the inside and tell you what makes Crema unique (besides the great coffee).
Posted by Picasa

16 comments:

Kate said...

This is exactly what I need...RIGHT NOW!! Loved the heart shaped designs on the coffee link.

Lady Di Tn said...

Wow, I am a coffee lover but apparantly only black and white one as I never heard of coffee art. I check out the site and thank you for being a wealth of info. Peace

quintarantino said...

Olá Chris, põe aí mais uma chávena ... café simples para mim está bom!

Unknown said...

Very pretty. And I once saw on the Food Network a competition of these coffee artists. It was pretty cool.

Jilly said...

I'll be back tomorrow. Adore coffee and this, plus the link you gave - wonderful designs. Look like great cappuccinos. Mouthwatering.

Ming the Merciless said...

Oh...how pretty! I have seen this floral motif on cappuccinos and lattes on TV but never had one made for me before.

Lavenderlady said...

I was amazed by all of the unique designs in the extra link you provided.

Fénix - Bostonscapes said...

LOL @ Halcyon's comment!

Now, a very important thing: does the coffee arrive hot to your table?

smilnsigh said...

Wow, I never knew one could _do_ that. Interesting.

Mari-Nanci

lv2scpbk said...

The coffee looks great. Even though they look great, most of the time I opt for just a regular cup of coffee. I like your touch with the flower.

Clueless in Boston said...

I drink my coffee black, but boy that is kewl! Who knew adding milk, excuse me, crema, to coffee could be an art:)

I like independent coffee houses better than the chains too. Can't wait to see what Crema looks like.

Jim Klenke said...

When I first saw the coffee, I thought what a neat design on the top. Then I read that its an art form. Who knew, LOL. I know it looks neat, kinda like a feather.

brian stout said...

coffee lover here also that has never heard of this art... i need to get out more!

Janet said...

Ahhh, the second cup of coffee I have had in the photoblogs today! Looks artsy and delicious!

Anonymous said...

Nice looking and probably tastes great too.

Mo said...

Almost a sin to drink that! Adam over at the Amatuer Gourmet had a latte art video a few months back on his blog.