Friday, February 15, 2008

Blue Skies, Smiling at Me

Blue skies, smiling at me
Nothing but blue skies
Do I see
Blue days, all of them gone
Nothing but blue skies,
From now on. . .
~ Irving Berlin



Over the past two weeks, the Nashville area has experienced some very weird weather shifts. Last week was rainy, windy, cloudy and grey. At the beginning of the week, temperatures were in the low 70s, After the tornadoes last Tuesday, temperatures dropped dramatically. The wind did do a good job of chasing the clouds away, and for the past few days, we've had beautiful, blue skies.

Here are a couple of interesting statistics about Nashville weather:
* Nashville averages 102 clear days, 106 partly cloudy days, and 156 cloudy days annually.
* The average, annual daily temperature is 59 degrees.
* The average annual rainfall is 47 inches.
* Since 1954, there have been 20 major tornadoes in metro Nashville - 10 of them since 1994.

8 comments:

Kate said...

A beautiful and brilliantly blue sky--visually very attractive.

GMG said...

Hi Chris, I’m back after a short break… and glad to see some beautiful posts here as well as the much deserved award!
The blue skies in your pictures are awesome. But the Fisk pics are my favourites...
Thanks for your comments at Blogtrotter. Chococow won, Cow-moens was not that bad... Now I moved the posts to the Balkans...
Have a great weekend!
Gil

quintarantino said...

Glad you are having that amazing blue skies now. That's what we are having this whole week.

Pat said...

What a sky!!! Hope I see our sky soon. ;)

Pat

Guelph Daily Photo, My Photos.

Lady Di Tn said...

I alwasy feel like I become more informed when I visit. Peace

Janet said...

Chris, you just posted my photo idea! I have been waiting for deep, blue skies to get a picture of a sycamore tree near my bank...haven't had that blue sky yet!

Isadora said...

That is an interesting statistics - wish I knew how Budapest compared. We are cold!

Anonymous said...

The photograph is nice. I like the contrasts.