Friday, February 22, 2008

NDP Celebrates #200



We are all travelers
in the wilderness of the world,

and the best that we can
find in our travels

is an honest friend.
~ Robert Lewis Stevenson


As Nashville Daily Photo celebrates its 200th post today, I thought it appropriate to post a photo of the marble globe floating in a fountain in Bicentennial Park. All of us who post photos of our cities or who visit the blogs of posters from around the world are reaching out and introducing others to our daily lives. We are teaching each other a little bit about our cities, our countries, our cultures and ourselves. In doing so, we are hopefully doing something that our governments sometimes cannot do . . . We are becoming friends.

I'll point out that Tennessee is the white spot on the globe, and the lines emanate from Nashville.

If you missed my first post about the globe and want to learn a little more about it, click here.

12 comments:

GMG said...

Hi Chris, glad to be here first to congratulate!
Interesting quote and lovely globe. Would love to have one in the garden; just have a small one on my desk... ;))
Thanks for your comments at Blogtrotter. I’m still strolling around the streets of Sofia.
Have a great weekend!
Gil

Halcyon said...

Congratulations on your 200th post! Here's to the next 200!! :D

quintarantino said...

Oh my God Chris, you should have given me a call ... I would have comed with a bottle of good french champagne ... well, even so: congratulations.
Now I want to see post 2.000!!!

smilnsigh said...

Congratulations on your 200th post!!!

And thank you for the lovely words which are in it. A very, very nice sentiment.

And that really is floating! Amazing!

Mari-Nanci

Carlos Lorenzo said...

Well put! Making friends thru blogging, something our governments cannot do. We can meet whoever we want to no matter their culture, religion, country, isn't it wonderful. Congratulations on this 200th anniversary Chris!

FĂ©nix - Bostonscapes said...

Great post today and so true. I think I've reached (if not I"m very close to) 300 posts. It amazes me how fast this is going...

Enjoy that polenta tonight! :) Oh, and if you ever want to try it with quail eggs, you'll most likely find them at an Asian supermarket.

Felicia said...

Congratulations Chris! I'm lucky I happened by on such a special day. Great photo choice to celebrate the day.

Troop 1309 said...

Congratulations on 200 posts! The globe and your comments are perfect for the 200th post!

brian stout said...

Congrats on your 200th post anniversary! i love those globe fountains...

Southern Heart said...

What a nice post, Chris...I loved the message. And congratulations on #200!!

lv2scpbk said...

That is neat.

Yesterday's post: I'm trying to get more birdhouses this year to put in my yard.

Bergson said...

good birthday and long life with your blog

with a little delay