Sunday, September 16, 2007

prix de solde



We found this great mural painted on the side of a building in downtown Nashville. From what I can tell, the business that occupies the building is an interior design/staging studio.

What amazed us most about the mural, besides the fact that it is pretty, is that there is no graffiti on it. My husband's theory is that graffiti artists want a blank canvas so that their art is the focus. I think he's right about that.

Looking at this today as I get ready to post it, we both also thought that if you didn't see the top of the building in the photo, you wouldn't know that the mural was painted on concrete block, would you?


PLEASE NOTE: I'm on vacation for two weeks, so my posting times may be a little eratic. Please check back.






5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your vacation. Nice picture too.

Bergson said...

A painter who learns French?
Enjoy your vacation

Chandlermom said...

What a great show of their obvious talent! I think there is no graffiti out of respect for the art; graffiti-ers consider themselves artists, after all

FĂ©nix - Bostonscapes said...

I love the self-portrait! :)

DS2944 said...

Very nice pathcwork graphical photo !