Monday, September 24, 2007

1st Avenue


I love First Avenue in Nashville even though the buildings are mostly the backsides of businesses that are on Second Avenue. As you can see in the photo, there are no business signs, doors or window displays visible on this historic street. Instead, you see some beautiful stone and brick work. Since First Avenue fronts the Cumberland River and is where Nashville got its start, the area is quite historic. I like to wonder what kind of businesses were here originally. I'm guessing, although I haven't been able to find out for sure, that businesses actually operated out of the buildings on this street.

I should point out that the top floors of some of the buildings are apartments. I've not been in any, but the views are great!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

There used to be docks here on the river when merchandise was unloaded and where passengers - of which my Mom was one! - could board boats to travel up or down the river!

Patsy