Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Berger Building

I mentioned the other day that no matter how many times we drive around Nashville, which we try to do every weekend, we see something new. I can't tell you how many times I've driven by the Berger Building (above) and never noticed what a beautiful building it is.

Built in 1926, it is single, remaining, completely intact commercial building in downtown Nashville. While it was added to the National Register of Historical Places in 1984, I can find little about the building except that it originally held specialty stores. In recent years, the Nashville Toy Museum occupied the Berger, but it is now home to the Standard Cafe and Mad Mod, a furniture and accessory store.

2 comments:

lv2scpbk said...

I've said a few times, it's amazing what you notice when you start taking photos. This seems to be a colorful building.

Anonymous said...

So many "old" buildings have seen better days. Part of the problem is bringing the old buildings up to the current building codes. That gets too expensive here where I live so the owners know they cannot rent the space even if they remodeled the building so they set idle and sometimes even fall down.

I like the berger building. Have you ever typed that name in, followed by Nashville and a question mark? Sometimes that will bring up what you are looking for.