Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Theme Day: "NO" SIGNS

The first day of the month is always THEME DAY with City Daily Photo bloggers, and this month's theme is "NO SIGNS."    While the signs above do not technically say "NO," the one does advise no admittance.

I shot this photo because of the juxtaposition of the two signs with the porta-potty.  I found it absolutely hilarious that it seems as though the one sign advises the porta-potty is a hard hat area, and the other sign advises that one must keep out of the potty.  

Of course, the signs really have nothing to do with the porta-potty.  Actually, I have no idea why they are really by that particular lot as the only thing on it other than the potty is the office construction trailer,

I spent a couple of days shooting signs around the Nashville area, and over the next few days, I'll show you more.

There are 172 blogs participating in July Theme Day.  Click here to view thumbnails for all participants

14 comments:

Jane Hards Photography said...

How strange. Either way danger would be no to me, and I would adhere to that.

Kim said...

Well Chris, maybe that Honey Bucket has a low ceiling! This is too funny. Well seen. I'll look forward to seeing other signs you've found in the days ahead.
-Kim
Seattle Daily Photo

USelaine said...

Well, it must mean you better use the hardhat instead of the potty. I mean, in a pinch. ooops!

Anonymous said...


Hi Chris,

The bees are back in Brookville, Ohio. I hope for the rest of the year at least. I even got one on my Better Blog Writing post today. LOL

I see you found an adorable No sign. The modern privy seems to work everywhere. It is funny in your picture. Low ceiling. No bucket?

Isn't it almost funny to think of adult people scurrying around their communities taking pictures of signs. And if somebody had asked what that is all about and you said a sign with "no" on it, they might... well. It is kind of funny.

—Abraham Lincoln
Brookville Daily Photo

Jim Klenke said...

I may have to ignore the sign.

Gerald (SK14) said...

Oh dear, I shouldn't have had that extra cup of tea!

Halcyon said...

Hee! Porta-potties can be dangerous places, but I think a gas-mask would be more appropriate than a hard hat!

Janet Kincaid said...

I'm not sure which is the danger here: the construction site or the port-a-loo!

Nice photo! And Happy Theme Day!

crittoria said...

I once used a Porta Potty that was sitting beside another that had blown over in the wind. I was wondering if I should be wearing a hard-hat or some sort of suit for protection in case that happened while I was otherwise occupied! That's the stuff of nightmares...

Fun choice for the theme day, Chris!

Olivier said...

très bien trouvé ces deux panneaux ensembles.

very well find these two panels together.

Knoxville Girl said...

So, are you showing us a no-go zone?

brian stout said...

very funny! i love the sign positioning too - good catch!

Mo said...

Too funny, great shot!

Chris said...

Thanks, everyone! Your comments made me laugh, too!