Monday, July 28, 2008

In Memoriam

Since every death diminishes us a little, we grieve - 
not so much for the death -  but for ourselves.
~ Lynn Carlson

On Saturday, Michael and I returned home from a daytrip to Memphis to find out that two of our friends had passed away within a few hours of each other.

Don Patterson was with Landmark Communications for a long time before his retirement in 2004.  He started out with the newspaper division and later with the broadcast division, which is how we met him.  He was a great guy, and I'm happy I got to know him through my husband.

Bob Rainey was a sports reporter for my husband at NewsChannel 5 before moving to Minneapolis (WCCO) a few years ago.  Bob was a nice guy, pure and simple.  I always enjoyed talking with him when I saw him in the newsroom.  He was only 46.

5 comments:

Halcyon said...

How sad. I'm sorry to hear that two wonderful people have gone out of your lives.

Janet said...

Sorry to hear of the sad news. It's great, though, that you got to know such neat people.

Lady Di Tn said...

They will never be forgotten as long as someone remembers. Sorry to hear you got sad news when you returned home. Peace.

Kate said...

What sad news and obviously a shock for you when you got home. When I saw the thumbnail on the portal, I thought, "What a bright smiling face" but it didn't match your news. But, it's a great tribute to your friends.

Ming the Merciless said...

Sorry to hear of the sad news.

Wow, 46 is sooo young.