Monday, July 14, 2008

Mariachi Monday


While walking through downtown Nashville last weekend, we spotted these mariachis heading to a gig. I discovered mariachi music while a student in Saltillo, Mexico and love it to this day. Unfortunately, these guys didn't stop and play for us. :-)

Please note: I'm on the Murray State campus until Saturday for the summer residency. Because classes run from early morning until late evening, I won't be able to comment much. Please forgive me!

Posted at 2:30 CST: I just happen to have a few minutes between classes, and I logged on through the library computers to make sure that my photos have posted via Blogger's "scheduled" service, and I see that today's photo is not here. YIKES. I will try to re-post when I get back to my hotel room later today, although it will be much later. Sorry. I have no idea what is going on.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello from Brookville, Ohio.

Anonymous said...

Chris, those mariachi sure were swift!
Maybe they are cousins of Speedy Gonzalez ... :)
Have fun and enjoy classes.

Kate said...

Great candid street scene.

Halcyon said...

Neat photo! I couldn't see it yesterday.

Jane Hards Photography said...

I just love the idea of these guys nochanlantly wandering dwon the street.