Monday, October 13, 2008

Southern Festival of Books 2008

The Southern Festival of Books, held annually during the second weekend in October, was this past weekend in Nashville.  The free, three-day event features over 200 authors who participate in panels, readings, discussions and book signings.  In addition, there are over 50 exhibitors that include booksellers, publishers, organizations, restaurants, and more.  

Since I'm in a creative writing MFA program, I was particularly interested in a few of the readings this year.  I'll post a photo from one of them tomorrow.

To see last year's post on the Southern Festival of Books, click here.




5 comments:

Oman said...

amazing. thank you for another fantastic glimpse on your part of the world. great job as always.

Anonymous said...

Nice shot, Chris. A festival of books is different. We have sauerkraut and apple butter festivals around here and those are well attended.

Janet said...

Ah, the second book festival posting I've seen tonight. I'd enjoy it!

Jane Hards Photography said...

I can see why you would be so interested. I'm a book fanatic and to me rooting around in charity shops for discarded books is a joy.

Lynette said...

Book festivals are super events. I'm glad you got to attend parts of it and take photos, too.