Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Bipartisan Halloween


I found these bipartisan Halloween decorations at my neighbor's house last evening. Debbie Arnow and her mom, Pat Eldridge, carved the faces of Senators Barack Obama and John McCain in the pumpkins a few days ago. The two pumpkins will be on display at the Arnow's house when kids trick-or-treat tonight.

Debbie and Pat did a great job. Pat told me that the McCain pumpkin was pretty hard because it had a lot of detail. She also said that because there were a lot of small lines involved in McCain's likeness, that pumpkin was starting to cave.

By the way, there are only four days left until Election Day.

Tomorrow: Theme Day

9 comments:

Kate said...

I can't imagine the kind of patience it must have taken to carve these likenesses! Great job. Election? I am sick to death of the whole thing and will be mighty glad when it's over. The mud slinging has been particularly hard to view. So sad. Where are the statesmen? None left??

Anonymous said...

These two take the cake. An old Midwestern expression. I can imagine they would be hard to do and the results hard to think ahead while carving. But these turned out really nice.

Jim Klenke said...

They are both very good. I dont have that much patience.

D-C said...

Hm...
Cain almost looks a bit evil on the pumpkin, angry eyes.
Very nice work and nice shot!

Jilly said...

Brilliant! And so well carved too.

Halcyon said...

I can hardly cut a plain old happy face! Those pun'kins are pretty impressive.

Happy Halloween!!!

Steve Cuddihy said...

Now those are impressive!

7-0, that is impressive too!

Craig Leipold, he's great so far!

Curly said...

It's amazing how much Halloween US style has caught on in the UK over the past four or five years. I wonder how many pumpkins the USA export to us each year now?

I have a small Halloween slide show to share.

Mo said...

I can't wait for it ot be over!