Saturday, January 12, 2008

Hill's Center


Malls are out.
"Lifestyle" centers are in.

Are you wondering what that means? Shops line both sides of the street, reminding one of the old, downtown shopping areas. . . Main Street. Hills Center (above), which opened last fall in the Green Hills area of Nashville, is home to such stores as Anthropologie (See yesterday's post.), Swoozie, Whole Foods, and Whole Body. Restaurants include PeiWei, California Pizza Kitchen, and Five Guys.

I really like these centers. . . .until it rains. . .or snows. . . .or gets too hot. . . .or humid. . . . .

6 comments:

Jim Klenke said...

The centers do have a nice eye appeal. Not sure if I like them though. We went to one and drove around forever looking for a parking space. They had one garage and very limited surface parking. That was a few years ago, so I am sure they have made adjustments.

Chris said...

This one has a good-sized parking garage, although the street parking (which is visible in the photo) is scarce. I think that they have learned that in this very land-locked area as they are building parking garages on most of the new sites.

Felicia said...

That's where I'd be. I love to shop and it makes no difference to me how they present it, but parking certainly can be an issue.

quintarantino said...

Seems to be its a nice place to have a walk and have some shopping.

BrentKMoore said...

Hi. I just found your blog today and I love it. I'm a lifelong Nashvillian and I love taking photos. I love to see it when other Nashvillians share photos and the stories behind them. Keep up the good work!

Wayne said...

I'm spoiled with the all weather capabilities of modern malls... but I really, really love streets like this!