Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Going Topless


As we were leaving Leiper's Fork, Michael noticed this line of trees. Note that the tops have no leaves, but that the bottoms are bedecked. Before we moved to Nashville, we had never seen this occur with any trees. If I'm not mistaken, these are Bradford Pears, which are quite popular in Middle Tennessee.

Please note: Until this weekend (and since last Friday), I am attending an intensive residency for my new MFA program. Therefore, I haven't had the opportunity to elaborate as much as I normally do for my posts, nor have I been able to visit other blogs. I will catch up!
And, I've been tagged by Wayne from Dunedin Daily Photo. I'll post my answers in the next day or so.

7 comments:

Janet said...

I have wondered why some trees appear topless in the fall! Good observation.

HAWKINS said...

Loving your blog and photos of and around Nashville.

Anonymous said...

Well, good for you. I used to teach writing a long time ago. And one of my students has a ton of books on the market. She mostly writes non-fiction for young adults. Lots of Daniel Boone, Kit Carson, and books like that. But she gets a lot of money over a lifetime for her work. She just signed on with a new publisher to do a series but I have honestly forgotten what the name is.

Her name is Pat McCarthy. If you type that in on Amazon.com and scroll down you can see Abigail Adams and Thomas Paine which are two of her newest books.

quintarantino said...

Well, when I saw the title of the blog I thought... no way ... then I saw the photos and I said... Vhris, you are already playing trocks on us with words ... but those trees are very beautiful in topless.

Apesar de sentir falta dos teus comentários, estou muito feliz por saber a razão.
Quando fores famosa, quero um autógrafo...

Felicia said...

Cute title and a lovely photo! When people in San Diego say "going topless" - you know what they mean right?...Not as exciting as some may have thought, it usually means they have a convertible car. I didn't know you were a student - good luck with your studies!

Annie said...

Very clever ;P and a beautiful photo.

Alexander said...

Very beautiful photo.
The place is lovely.

Alexander
Alex's World! - http://www.kakinan.com/alex