Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Cheers!


Have you ever noticed how much stuff restaurants and hotels put on tables when you go to a formal dinner? In addition to silverware galore and centerpieces, there are cups and saucers, water glasses, wine glasses bread baskets, butter plates, charger plates, bread plates, and more. Add to all of those your personal beverage glasses, and there's no room for anything else.

By the way, when you sit down, do you know which bread plate (the one on the right or left?) and which coffee cup/drink are yours (the one on the right or left?)? Here's a clue on how to remember: Put your hands on your lap, palms facing each other about 5 inches apart. Touch the tip of your index fingers to its corresponding thumb. Your left hand is forming a "b," and your right hand is forming a "d." Bread plate (b) is on the left, and drink (d) is on the right.


5 comments:

quintarantino said...

That´s a nice trick to remember... well done.
Gostei muito da fotografia.

Pat said...

Wonderful capture! Love it.



I would certainly appreciate your posting a condolence message in my blogs today for the wife of a good blogger friend...

Pat

Guelph Daily Photo, My Photos

Wayne said...

BRILLIANT!

(I wish I could make that font MUCH larger! lol)

PAT said...

Great photo! Another trick is BMW. Bread Meal Wine.

I lived in Nashville during the early 60's. My oldest daughter was born there, at Vanderbilt University. Nashville will always hold a special place in my heart. Beautiful city!

Pat

Ming the Merciless said...

OMG, how cool is that!

It is the same way I remember which direction to lock doors or tighten screws: righty tighty, lefty loosey.

Or daylight savings time: fall backwards, spring forward.