Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Ghost Ballet at Night



Continuing with some night views from around Nashville, I thought I would take another look at Ghost Ballet for the East Bank Machineworks.  You may remember that it was the first of what will hopefully be many commissioned by the Metropolitan Nashville Arts Commission.

I first showed you this sculpture in February and March.  I took this photo from a position about 20 feet to the right of where I took the February photo.  Amazing how just a few feet will change perspective, no?

7 comments:

USelaine said...

Ooo! I thought it was a rollercoaster on the thumbnail! Nice shot!

Ming the Merciless said...

I agree with uselaine. It looks like a rollercoaster.

Anonymous said...

Yep. Copied from a roller coaster.

Abraham Lincoln
—Brookville, Ohio

Halcyon said...

It's still a nice sculpture, no matter how you look at it!

Clueless in Boston said...

It also looks like a big Alexander Calder mobile.

D said...

When we were in Nashville last year, we saw this and thought y'all were getting an amusement park on the river! :)

Jerry in Tampa said...

FABULOUS night image Chris! AWESOME!