Sunday, August 31, 2008

Franklin Jazz Festival



We spent about 4 hours at the Franklin Jazz Festival last night, held on the historic square in downtown Franklin.  The two-day (evening, really) festival features a number of jazz musicians on two stages, as well as food, drinks, and a number of informational and craft booths.  

The music started at 5:00 PM, and attendees sat on lawn chairs (their own), benches, curbs, grass, etc. to listen to a number of musical acts including Cissy Crutcher and her band (above), Corazon, Buckwheat Zydeco, and the Storm Kings.  Money raised from admission fees ($5/person) benefits the Epilepsy Foundation of Middle and West Tennessee.

While it was pretty hot and humid here today, it was not too uncomfortable once the sun went down.  (The sno cone booth stayed busy the entire evening!)  Apparently we weren't the only ones who thought that since thousands of people showed up for the event.  

The Festival continues this evening, starting at 5 PM, again.

5 comments:

Kate said...

I envy your chance to see and hear this event. Nothing like outdoor music and I love Zydeco!

Virginia said...

Cool pink cast to the photo. In the food department, could you buy Corkey's ribs???? I LOVE THEM!

Jim Klenke said...

Sounds like fun. I took a trip to Franklin with my best friends family when we were kids. The only thing I remember were the street signs. They were posts in the ground with the name of the street on the side of the post going up to down. I thought that was so strange. Funny I remeber that 35 years or so later.

Olivier said...

tu en as de la chance, j'adore les festivals de Jazz. Buckwheat Zydeco, il fait de la musique Cajun ? j'adore le Zydeco et surtout Clifton Chenier.

you have the chance, I love festivals Jazz. Buckwheat Zydeco, it makes Cajun music? I love Zydeco and especially Clifton Chenier.

Chris said...

Ginny - No Corky's. Sorry.