Thursday, August 28, 2008

Democrats Make It Official

The Democratic Convention is almost over, and with his official nomination, Barack Obama is no longer the presumptive nominee.  I have seen Obama bumper stickers like the one above on cars all over the mid-state area in recent weeks.  During the last presidential election, I saw very few bumper stickers.  Over the next few weeks, we'll see if more stickers find their way to car bumpers.

What Is It Wednesday? Revealed

Yesterday's WIIW? was the skeleton of a modern home being built on the west side of Nashville.  The homes have a very modern look with angled walls, flat roofs, glass, steel, and more.  The home shown above is on the lot next to the one I showed yesterday.

8 comments:

Jim Klenke said...

Pretty good speaches the last couple of days. I have seen Obama and Nobama stickers around here, but I guess thats to be expected.

brian stout said...

like jim, i've seen my share of NOBAMA stickers around here... so i'm going to get me a probama or GOBAMA sticker for my car(s)!

Anonymous said...

I have no clues as to what WIIW means but don't think it is something dirty but more akin to LOL.

Anyway, I really do like these modern designs. I used to love to see This Old House when they toured the world looking at new house construction and the ones I liked the most were those in Japan. Wow. Such elegant designs.

Jilly said...

I brought back an Obama sticker from America. It's proudly displayed in my kitchen! Did you see the Obama dog collar on Riviera Dogs?

http://riviera-dogs.blogspot.com 15th August posting.

Chris, so sorry to hear about Decker. So much can be done tho these days - perhaps just medication for life. Do hope so. I'm keeping everything crossed for him - do let me know.

Sharon said...

Yeah!!!

Felicia said...

Hi Chris, I feel so out of it - I've never heard of these cute puns - Nobama and Gobama, they made me laugh. The funny thing about San Diego, a historically Republican town, is that I haven't seen too many McCain bumper stickers yet - and that is a good sign in my opinion.

Halcyon said...

Have not seen many Obama stickers around here, but that is not really surprising.

Sharon said...

Hi Chris, Thanks for commenting on my site. No, I actually grew up in Illinois, but I've lived in Phoenix for a very long time. I moved here right out of high school.