Thursday, November 22, 2007

Thanksgiving


If the only prayer you said
in your whole life was,
"Thank you," that would suffice.
~ Meister Eckhart

Because it's Thanksgiving Day in America, I thought I would post a photo of a display I found outside of a store in downtown Franklin. While so many places have already put away the signs of fall for holiday decorations, many of the Franklin stores still had autumn-themed displays out. All that will change, I'm sure, by the weekend's end.

Tomorrow, I'll take you to Carter House, which is a mere couple of blocks from downtown Franklin.

Happy Thanksgiving!

13 comments:

FĂ©nix - Bostonscapes said...

So simple yet so beautiful.

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours, Chris.

Jilly said...

Love the arrangement of autumn and a beautiful quotation.

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving, Chris - you and your family.

Kate said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you and to all whom you love!

Lynette said...

I'm glad you found this to share with us, Chris. And I thoroughly enjoyed all of the Franklin posts, all of your recent ones in fact. Is the red brick of the church the same color as the Ryman Auditorium? I'm curious. Thanks.

GMG said...

Loved the whole Franklin series, I had no chance to see before, due to this mad work period I've been dealing with! Beautiful pictures; great job Chris!
Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!

Wayne said...

What a nice picture Chris. And yes, I agree that probably the slide into Christmas will accelerate quite a bit after today. I hope you are enjoying a wonderful Thanksgiving day.
Thanks,
Wayne

Isadora said...

Amen! and thank you.

Anonymous said...

Yes, I hope you feel great today and are as plump as your turkey was yesterday.

Gwen said...

Hi Chris, Happy belated Thanksgiving to you, I have been enjoying your posts as usual. :)

Carlos Lorenzo said...

Beautiful capture. Happy Thanksgiving.

Felicia said...

Hi Chris, hope you had a very Happy Thanksgiving!

Web-OJ said...

Lovely pic. Meister Eckhart knew what he was talking about.

Ming the Merciless said...

Belated Happy Thanksgiving.