Thursday, August 2, 2007

August 2, 2007

What better way to introduce you to our city than with a photo of the Nashville skyline that I took from the east bank of the Cumberland River. According to Nashville history, on Christmas Eve, 1779, James Robertson and 200 other settlers established Ft. Nashborough on the west bank that you see in this photo. Their log stockade still exists, although the city leaders moved it to a site west of downtown a few years ago. Today, the west bank houses concerts, picnics, festivals and other community events (including our spectacular 4th of July fireworks show).

By the way, the tall building on the left is the Bell South Tower, aka the "Batman Building" because it resembles the caped crusader's cowl.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Welcome to the amazing, wacky, informative and addictive world of photoblogging. I expect we'll see some of the famous faces & names etc that make up the country music legend.

Kate said...

I apparently missed your first post (am I correct that you just joined?), and I assure you that I will return. Welcome!!