Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Gas Prices


The last time I posted a photo of the gas prices in Nashville (November 19), the least expensive gas I found was $1.85/gallon. Since then, gas has been on a bit of a rollercoaster, going up a bit and down a bit and up and down. Last week, gas at this Kroger station was $1.89/gallon for regular. Sunday, the price was 10 cents less expensive.

If you have a Kroger Card and use it at fill-up, you save 3 cents/gallon. If you spend $100 or more at Kroger (with your Kroger Card) during a calendar month, you can save 10 cents/gallon (with a limit of 20 gallons, I believe). And, if you use your Kroger Mastercard (or is it Visa?), you can save 15 cents/gallon. Wow.

I thought our gas was getting high until I looked at a map that gauges gas prices across the county. You can check it out by clicking here.

I have to admit that I thought that gas would go way up after the election, but I'm happy that it's stayed under $2/gallon. How long do you think it will stay like that, though?

No comments: