Sunday, July 6, 2008

Banjos, Butterflies and Blueberries


Yesterday was a busy day at NDP.  Michael and I drove up to Madison Creek Farm, host of Banjos, Butterflies and Blueberries.  The Howling Brothers (above) supplied the banjos via their music.  The flowers (and nature) supplied beautiful butterflies.  The farm supplied blueberries (mostly in pies).

The 38-acre farm is located in Goodlettesville, a little north of downtown Nashville.   The farmhouse (The bros. are on the farmhouse porch.) was built in 1919, although there have been two additions.  Visitors are welcome to stroll the grounds and walk through the vegetable, flower and herb gardens.  Madison Creek Farm is dedicated to organic farming and uses no pesticides or herbicides.  The many flowers on the property were beautiful.

You can find out a little more about Madison Creek by clicking here.

And, you can find out a little more about the Howling Brothers by clicking here.


Tomorrow, I'll show you a little of what we did later in the day.

9 comments:

Virginia said...

The Howling Bros. Love the name and their picture.

Jim Klenke said...

The farm has a nice website, and it looks like the music was good.

Steve Buser said...

Sounds like a great escape and a place to let you hair down.

Clueless in Boston said...

The big question that inquiring minds want to know is How was the pie?

Blueberry is my absolute favorite pie, you can have apple or raspberry or pumpkin pie; give me blueberry every time.

Chris said...

Sorry, clueless. . . . .I don't eat stuff made with sugar, so I didn't try the pie. I heard it was good, though. Later this week, I'll have a photo of blueberries growing on the farm.

Felicia said...

Hi Chris, I haven't been visiting in a while and I hope your arm is better! This is a great photo - I can hear the music from here.

Knoxville Girl said...

Ha - great minds think alike about music. Thanks for visiting my blog.
If you like your blueberries cooked without sugar, microwave for about 20 seconds and add a little half and half. That's going to be my dessert tonight.

Lynette said...

Mama and Daddy drove out that way when they were camping around Nashville, back in the late 1970s or early 1980s. They enjoyed the drive. Love that Howling Brothers!


Portland Oregon Daily Photo

Anonymous said...

Where's my slice of blueberry pie?