Thursday, March 6, 2008

Salad Cravings


Since Pei Wei (pay-way) opened in the Green Hills area a few months ago, I meet friends there occasionally for lunch. Pei Wei is part of the PF Chang's line, but instead of sitting at a table and ordering, you place your order and pay at a counter. They prepare the food and serve it to you. The menus is not as extensive, but they do offer similar menu items at a reduced cost due to the set-up. It is very popular, and if you get there at crunch times, tables are full.

Because I swear they put something in the salad that makes me crave it almost constantly, I always get the same thing - Asian Chopped Chicken Salad, NO ONIONS, NO SCALLIONS, and substitute the lime vinaigrette for the soy ginger vinaigrette (bottom left in photo). (Those little black and white sprinkles on my salad are sesame seeds, by the way.) My friends, who are more adventurous than I (and who don't have the same salad cravings), always get something different like the Spicy Chicken Salad (above right in photo) or Pad Thai.

If you're interested in seeing what they serve, you can check out their menu by clicking here.

10 comments:

Janet said...

Looks good, but I don't like those kinds of places. When I eat out, I don't want to stand in line for anything. I just want to go in, sit down, order and be served. It's usually because I've been out and about and am tired and ready to rest.

Ming the Merciless said...

Your photo just made my stomach growl. It's only 11:16 AM and I had a big breakfast.

I have been to the PFChang in New Jersey once for my birthday a couple years ago. Nice place.

GMG said...

That ghost ballet is always amazing! Amazing also seems to be that weather you're having... ;)
Always the same salad? Hmm....

Kate said...

The menu looks great and the salads are really full meals, aren't they. Good photo to capture the salad's appearance.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad I'm seeing this after having dinner or else I would surely faint!
Looks so, but so ... yummie!

Jim Klenke said...

The spicy chicken salad looks great.

Southern Heart said...

Now I'm craving salad! We love PF Changs, so we'll have to try that the next time we visit your neck of the woods. :)

brian stout said...

nice photo, but i can't see the meat and potatoes anywhere on the table... i love those little fortune cookies though.

Halcyon said...

Since we just got a PF Chang's here in Jackson, it will probably be awhile before we get a Pei Wei. That salad does look good though. And I'm very hungry at the moment!!!

BTW: Thanks for the concerned comment on my blog. I'm actually involved in a show at the moment and it takes all my time. :D

George Townboy said...

I'm hungry now.