Wednesday, March 5, 2008

A Pond for the Girls


Last week, we had snow all day Wednesday. Sunday and Monday, the tempertures were in the 70s. Monday evening, it rained and rained and rained. My husband, who was in NYC called to tell me that the weatherman up there said we got 1.5 inches in just a few hours. I said I didn't think we had that much. HELLO! When I woke up yesterday morning, the cow pasture was flooded, and the girls had their own pond. (I have no idea what I was doing that I missed all of the rain.) It rained almost all day yesterday (Tuesday), so the pond is still back there. To top it off, the temperature dropped more than 34 degrees in 24 hours.

If you compare this photo with the one from last Wednesday (Click here.), you'll see that I took it from about the same angle. I used a wider lens so that I could get the one cow and some of the water in the photo. What you cannot see in the photo is how much of the field flooded and how many geese (and cows) were out in the back.

I am getting really sick of this roller coaster weather. We may have snow (NO!!) again by the end of the week.

Are you ready for Spring?

9 comments:

Lynette said...

Roller coaster--that's the way to describe the weather my aunt and brother tell us has been in their part of Mississippi, right around Jackson, to the south and the north. I think everyone is ready for spring, for sure.

brian stout said...

wow, it doesn't even seem like the same location in the 2 photos... i like the green one better, it looks very 'picturesque'

as an aside, i'm going to be a caucus delegate to our county convention which is the next step to allotting our caucus votes... i'm excited to be taking part in it!

Anonymous said...

Chris if are havinh a roller coaster weather there then maybe it's time to come overhere ... it's sun, sun, sun, sun and ... wait, wait ... no, sun again!

Anonymous said...

WE ended up with a lot of ice covering everything. It began as rain here and ended in ice.

Jim Klenke said...

We did get snow yesterday morning. Hopefully the lakes stay full before summer hits.

Fénix - Bostonscapes said...

Ready? I'm desperate! I mean, really, this winter has been such a pain...

Lady Di Tn said...

YES YES YES I AM READY FOR SPRING BUT WE NEED TO EASE INTO IT RATHER GET IT TOO SOON LIKE LAST YEAR AND THEN SUFFER A HARD FREEZE. PEACE

Ming the Merciless said...

I have to admit, that snow falling on ground photo from last Wednesday is SPECTACULAR! One of your best work!!

Why didn't you come to NYC with your husband? We could have met up for lunch or something.

George Townboy said...

Winter? LOL, yeah, we have it too, but no snow at least!

Are the geese yours or migratory?