Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Super Duper Tuesday


Today is Primary Election Day in Tennessee and over 20 other states. Pundits are calling this the "do or die" day for a few of the candidates.

While election officials are calling for a record turnout, rain and stormy weather are expected to keep some people home from the polls. A record number of voters already turned out for Tennessee's early voting. Of the more than 3 million registered voters in the state, over 380,000 voted early - more than three times the number of early voters in previous elections.

One advantage to early voting is that the lines are usually very short. The disadvantage is that some of the candidates drop out of the race, so an early voter may end up voting for someone no longer a candidate. I usually early vote and did last week. The lines were short, and my candidate is still in the race.

Regarding weather: When I took this photo around 7:00 AM Central Time this morning, the sky was already ominous, and the temperature had already reached 63 degrees. We're expecting severe storms this afternoon, accompanied by strong winds (The National Weather Service advises they could reach 70 MPH.).

Is your candidate still in the race?

12 comments:

Halcyon said...

We don't have primaries until March 11th. I am also not a registered party member, so I don't think I can vote in primaries. I'm keeping tuned in to NPR though for the results!

Kate said...

Nope, my favorite actually had to drop out earlier, and I hated to see it. But, I guess I could still vote for someone, even if my first choice didn't make it. Good shot!

U "R" Us AKA Captain Crowe said...

Well, like Kate my pick is long dropped out, although still on the ballot. Good to see the big day represented around our country among CDPB'ers!

Anonymous said...

Well in eight more months or so, we should be able to relax. I think it should be most interesting this time around.

quintarantino said...

Nice photo.
A very interesting thing in american democracy is that you put all the world watching what happens and almost betting on who is going to win.
Is your candidate still in the race, Chris?
Elepanht or Donkey?

Ming the Merciless said...

Personally, I'm happy if Clinton, Obama or McCain wins the election in November.

Clinton & Obama are both a little right of the center to be called REAL Democrats and McCain is really a Democrat in Republican's clothing. :-)

smilnsigh said...

Nope. Mine was Rudy. :-( But he sure took some horrid primary advice, and lost it for himself. :-(

Mari-Nanci

smilnsigh said...

But... we still voted!

Too many have died and continue to die... to insure us, this right to vote. We'd not pout, that our guy was out of the race, and stay at home. We always vote.

Sorry if my first comment, didn't make that perfectly clear.

Mari-Nanci

Alexander said...

haha... Everyone is talking about it.
Stay tuned for the results!

Alexander
Alex's World! - http://www.kakinan.com/alex

Janet said...

Our photos are similar today!
Yes, my candidate is still in the race, although I did not choose him until right before I voted! Had to do a lot of research this time around.
Most elections, I know well ahead of time who I want to vote for.

Felicia said...

I saw somewhere that it was also referred to as "Uber Tuesday"! Isn't it interesting that in the time that it takes to carry a baby, we'll know who are next President is. And when the "baby" comes home/takes office, that is when all hell breaks loose! I'm anxiously staying tuned.

lv2scpbk said...

Not sure if PA will get a chance to vote or not. We usually don't ever get that chance. Maybe this time.