Sunday, November 18, 2007

Auction!


While out on another of our weekend drives to nowhere in particular, we passed this abandoned house not too far from the road I posted the other day. The auction sign caught my eye, and I took the photo without reading the sign. I thought, at the time, that this house and land were up for auction. After all, the land is in a prime location on a highway that runs between Davidson and Williamson Counties. There is a lot of building going on around there, and it could be a good commercial property. However, once I got home, I noticed that the advertised auction is for a 7200 square foot house and 50 acres of land in Centerville, TN, which is about 50 miles from Nashville.

Still, I couldn't get this house out of my mind. I wonder who lived there. . . .when they left. . . . why they left. . . .

6 comments:

Jim Klenke said...

Maybe got an offer they couldnt refuse. There are quite a few houses like that in our area of DFW. We used to drive past a nice ranch style house, that was empty. Its coming down now to make way for a 7-11.

Anonymous said...

Kind of like "bait and switch" is real estate. LOL

Wayne said...

I am TOTALLY with you on that line of inquiry Chris. Whenever I see abandoned homes like that, I cannot help but wonder how it gets to that point. Especially when you think about how many people are homeless in this country. Hmmm, empty homes, homeless people... hmmmmm.
Thanks,
Wayne

Halcyon said...

Interesting... maybe you should check out the other property. Could be worth a picture too. :)

Isadora said...

Clever advertising! Wonder how many people actually made the call to the company thinking they were inquiring about the little old house. :)

quintarantino said...

Why don't you check the property, Chris?
Maybe it´s a good bargain for you.