Friday, March 13, 2009

That Birdhouse Thing

As I did last year, I participated in The Birdhouse Thing Auction which benefits the W.O. Smith School of Music. Over 100 artists decorated and donated birdhouses for the auction, and the public was invited to bid on the birdhouses and other items while sampling food from area restaurants and caterers. All proceeds benefit the school.

The birdhouse the woman is bidding on in the photo above is a wine-themed birdhouse. Note the corks that line the roof.

To see my posting from last year, click here.

Tomorrow, I'll show you the birdhouse and goodies I decorated for this year's auction.

1 comment:

Jilly said...

How fabulous. I can never resist buying birdhouses but have never had any luck in a bird using them! Do these get used or are they for decoration?