Saturday, June 7, 2008

Life is Beautiful

"Please stay and look around.  
You never know what you 
might find hiding under 
a thistle somewhere."
- Eeyore
(A. A. Milne)

The past few weeks have been pretty stressful around NDP, and I sat yesterday afternoon and stared at photos I shot a few weeks ago of thistles and Queen Anne's Lace - weeds.  For some reason, they calmed me down, and I came to a conclusion:

There are a lot of beautiful plants and flowers in our gardens, and they take a lot of sunshine and rain to grow.  Weeds pop up in the gardens, and it takes work to keep the weeds in check so that they don't choke the beauty of the other flowers and bushes. But, every so often, something beautiful grows out of those weeds.  Sometimes, we just have to look for it.  

Life is exactly that way, too.

Have a good Saturday, everyone.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just removed a huge bundle of buckhorn that I had thought must be a leftover wildflower mix but then realized it was the common buckhorn weed growing crazy in among the flowers. I even took photos of the flowers. I had to remove it because one seed makes a big flower and who knows what 10,000 seeds might do.

I do like the thistle blossom.

Jim Klenke said...

Nice picture, and your are right in your post to go with it.

Halcyon said...

I didn't know that a thistle was so pretty. I have been fighting the weeds too. It seems as soon as I've gotten one bed cleared, the weeds have all grown back in the bed I cleared a few days before. It's an endless battle with no winner. :S

Plus, I think I've got a mild case of poison ivy. Or maybe it's an allergy of some kind.

Michele said...

This is actually a pretty photo. Love the color.
Your post is quite thoughtful... hope your weekend goes well.
Rocky Mountain Retreat

Emerson Bindery said...

Hi!!
I found you! It's Beth from the Moonettes! I was looking up info on your Wisecracks rubber stamps and found your blog. I'm enjoying NC. I love your photos! We'll have to catch up...

Wayne said...

Hi Chris! That's a great shot and a really nice, RELEVANT commentary. You do a great job with you blog!

Thanks for asking. I am okay now. Not so much for the last week, but better now, and getting caught up. It was very, very kind of you to ask. I have missed my CDP friends very much.

Wayne

Jane Hards Photography said...

This is a beautiful close up and the commentary was as always pitched just perfect.

Congratulatins about one of your images being used for Nashville. Not surprised they are fabulous.

Lynette said...

Yes, Chris, your observations are spot on, as they say. I am so glad that you posted this lovely photo and then shared your reflections with us. Thank you. I'm going to remember this and come back again for a visit.

Tom said...

I might be a week reading this but I agree about how plants/flowers or simply being outdoor can help with stress.... remember stress is a killer...

Hope this week and weekend as been and will be Stress free..

S.F.Z. stress free zone.

Tom