Thursday, February 19, 2009

Nashville Daily Photo Does Chicago


While we were in Chicago last weekend, the Snow Festival was in Grant Park. Using snow, artists sculpted a variety of "statues." From what one of the sculptors told me, each group got a 10X10X6 foot block of snow from which they "carved" their art. We watched this group on Friday morning as they worked on their sculpture which had to be completed by noon on Saturday. While the teams were not working on their sculptures, they covered them in quilted blankets to keep the snow from melting.

Tomorrow, see how this sculpture turned out.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The eventual sculpture will probably be great and win a ribbon only to melt away into the grass. But I like the rear ends of people in photos. My wife posted the rear ends of the presidents on Mt. Rushmore the other day and it made me smile.

Abraham Lincoln
Brookville Daily Photo

Cheltenhamdailyphoto said...

I had to come over from the portal to see this, it just looked so industrious! Great work.

Denton said...

I had to check on this one because I knew it was cold but could not imagine this much show in Nashville ... I'm glad you enjoyed Chicago.